The Responding to Challenging Behaviour workshop is highly practical, leading participants step-by-step through the process of designing targeted behaviour management plans for students with challenging behaviour.
In this course you will learn:
- The factors that influence student behaviour
- The effect of trauma on brain development and behaviour
- How to reduce the intensity and frequency of challenging behaviour
- To use the functional behavioural assessment model to understand and change student behaviour
- Alternative strategies to manage students with challenging behaviour
- How to develop individualised behaviour management plans that work
- To align school values with processes and procedures to support staff, students and families
The course emphasises:
- The use of positive behaviour management strategies
- Understanding the ecological factors that influence behaviour
- Importance of supportive teacher student relationships
- Benefits of a restorative approach in managing students with challenging behaviour
Who is it for:
The course is designed for school leaders who want to develop a positive whole school approach to behaviour management.
It is ideal for lead teachers and executives who are responsible for school-wide behaviour management. The most benefit will be gained from sending a small team from your school.
* A light lunch will be provided
Cost: $269 (GST free) per person
Time: 9.00 am – 3.30 pm